We follow the biodynamic and "agni hotra" approach to farming, which protects from man-made negativities and empowers everything that we grow.
|Trading Hours:||Daily - there's a road-verge stall|
|Address:||268B Steels Creek Road|
Yarra Glen, VIC 3775
|Melways Ref:||Page: 266 - K5 |
|Phone:||0448 037 690|
Biodynamic agriculture is the oldest consciously organic approach to farming and gardening and is one of the most sustainable in existence. It is founded on a holistic and spiritual understanding of nature and the human being. It builds on the pioneering research work of Rudolf Steiner.
What BIODYNAMIC means...
- A psycho-spiritual and agni-hotra approach to preserve and prevent man-made chemicals from getting through the aura while allowing healthy, wholesome, and nutritious growth.
- Every biodynamic farm aims to become self-sufficient in compost, manures and animal feeds.
- All external inputs are kept to a minimum.
- Compost is treated with special herb-based preparations.
- Crop quality is improved using natural manure and quartz-based preparations.
- Ecological diversity is a goal of landscape management.
- An astronomical calendar is used to determine auspicious planting, cultivating and harvesting times.
- We comply with the AQIS National Standard for Organic and Biodynamic Produce (2004) and the Australian Organic Standard (2006).